Thursday, July 31, 2008

COOKING, HAIRCUTS AND MY YUKATA

It's wonderful having to cook for Ruther once more. I know it's more challenging because he only likes to eat certain kinds of food but still, it's nice to be able to cook for him again. I already made his favorite beef stew, adobo, beef steak, fried boneless bangus (milkfish) and pork binagoongan. I need to check my recipe guide for others but I'm glad that he's enjoying my cooking so far. Tonight, we're not having dinner at home though. If the weather stays fair we're planning to have some ramen. Mmmmm... Yummy! Am looking forward to it. ;)

.....

I trimmed the boys' hair the other day. When I saw the photos I took at the beach, I noticed that the boys' hair were too unkempt. So I gave them a trim which was not an easy thing to do in the small kitchen. But as always, I managed and now they look a whole lot better. This coming weekend I'm planning on dyeing Ruther's hair because he has a lot of white strands and it doesn't look too nice. So we might do that this Saturday. Ruther should be paying me for all the beauty salon services I do here at home! Hahaha!

.....

Last Friday, we went to Uniqlo to get my very own yukata (summer kimono). Ruther said that there were some on sale there and he did promise to get me one. So we got this really cute, really pretty pink one and I was so ecstatic. We were supposed to attend a matsuri (festival) the next day (Saturday) so Ruther said I could wear my yukata then. I found out that day that owning a yukata and putting one on is a different matter entirely. It took me more than an hour to figure out how to wear it and to tie the obi. Oh yes, and a "how to tie an obi" video from YouTube. Really really tricky I must say. The yukata came with a paper that had pictures on how to tie the obi but I could only figure out so much. Anyway, by the time I got it right, I was sooo happy and felt really fulfilled. I did it myself! I wore my yukata by myself! Of course, I'm sure it wasn't 100% perfect but still, it was quite an accomplishment. I was so happy that even when it rained and we decided not to go to the matsuri I was not at all disappointed. Ruther just took my photo wearing my beautiful yukata and I'm sure that I'll be able to wear it again next time. And for sure when that happens, it won't take me more than an hour to put it on. :)

No comments: