Sunday, September 21, 2008

HOPING FOR THE BEST

So we finally submitted our documents last Friday. We went to the ward office at Kannai and everything was okay with the papers. When I say "okay" I mean they were complete. So now, all we have to do is wait and see if the boys and I are going to stay in Japan for another 3 months. I'm really hoping and praying that our visa extension gets approved. Please help pray for this. Our family really needs this right now.

.....

This morning at around 730, we felt this really intense earthquake. Even Ruther, who often has difficulty getting up in the morning, sat up and commented about the intensity. It was definitely side-to-side and the shaking was quick and short, similar to someone shaking you on the shoulder to wake you up. Anyway, after several seconds of that, there was a mild aftershock and then everything settled down. I've now lost track of how many earthquakes I've felt in the 8 months I've stayed in Japan. The first time I felt one, I of course, wanted to run out of the apartment and go to an open field. But now, I understand that it's just a normal part of Japanese life. And as long as it's not destructive, I'm okay with it.

.....

Am thoroughly enjoying the tv series Bones. Not only is the story entertaining, I just adore the innocence and the very logical mindset of Dr. Temperance Brennan. She's just so intriguing. I was a bit sad though, when Zack had to leave the group and be a bad guy (end of third season). That to me was just unacceptable because Zack was a funny guy in the lab although he didn't mean to be. And he and Hodgins were a great team. I just didn't want Zack to go. It was just so sad. But I will continue to watch Bones. It's just a wonderful tv series, I think. I just love it.

.....

It's so rainy today. Which is kind of unexpected because the forecast this morning said it was going to be cloudy. But after church, it started to drizzle then it became a downpour. While we were eating lunch, the rain didn't let up so we had no choice but to brave it. It was a good thing I bought our umbrellas and the boys' ponchos. We were still wet but at least we didn't get drenched. So we're spending another Sunday in the apartment, just doing what we do best: being a family. :)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Here's wishing you all the best of luck on your application and also keeping you in my prayers.

Have a wonderful week ahead.

Becky said...

Of course I'll pray for this for you. I hope so much that you can stay together for much longer.

Anonymous said...

After last night's Bones, I had to come back here and say I was happy to see Zack's return to the team, no matter how brief! :)