Tuesday, September 09, 2008

TUESDAY THOUGHTS

Autumn is just around the corner and I am so excited! I can't wait to see the fall colors once more. This will actually be only my second time to experience autumn and I plan to savor everything about it. Already, the nights are getting colder and pretty soon, I would have to say goodbye to my flip-flops and sandals. I suppose it's well worth it if only to experience my favorite season of all.

.....

The rains have finally gone and we have sunny weather for the rest of the week. Well, at least that's what the forecast says. At least now we won't have to worry about getting caught in a rain shower and getting sick when we're out visiting places. Anyway, I suppose that's one less thing to worry about, which is always a good thing. :)

.....

Japan is such a lovely country. There's just so much to see and do, the people are so nice and you feel safe all the time. I wish we could live here one day. I think it would be so nice.

.....

Now that it's September Christmas carols will most definitely be heard over the radio back home in the Philippines. For us, Christmas begins in September and ends in January. That's quite a celebration, huh. Long before Halloween became a part of Philippine culture, September would mark the beginning of the Yuletide preparations. However, after Halloween celebrations became popular in Manila and at the malls, people have now resorted to postponing putting up decorations and lights and their Christmas trees until after Halloween, All Saint's Day and All Soul's Day. Preparing for Christmas is always a fun time for me. It's my favorite holiday. I always love making my Christmas list as early as July and just buying the perfect present for loved ones. I love how people start being a little more cheerful and less stressful. I love how people take the time to focus on their own traditions and follow them year after year. I love how colorful and gay the season can be. I love how the story of Baby Jesus is retold to young and old alike. But most especially, I love how Christmas brings families together to celebrate a very special birthday. I am SO looking forward to spending this Christmas with Ruther in Japan. :D

1 comment:

Becky said...

I'm just loving that your family is all together in your cozy nook. That's great for you all.

Wow, I didn't realize Christmas was celebrated for such a long time in the Philippines.

I, too, LOOOoove Christmas for all the same reasons...especially what the birth of our Savior meant for mankind!