Sunday, September 07, 2008

UPDATES

So much has happened these past few days that I didn't have time to write anything....

Ruther took a few days off work and we spent those days together with the boys. It was nice and I really really appreciate whatever time we could get for bonding. Living apart from Ruther has made me learn to just let go of the less important things and focus more on the things that matter at the moment and matter to me.

.....

The weather has been erratic this week. Sometimes it would be rainy, and then it'll get so warm, then one day it'll be cloudy. Ruther has got a cold but it's getting better now. The boys are doing okay so I'm glad for that. It's just really terrible if one of them gets sick. Not only do they get cranky but it's hard to cure a cold in kids. Anyway, am trying to drorwn Ruther in fruit juices so hopefully, that will do the trick.

.....

A few weeks ago, I read Breakfast at Tiffany's. I got the book at Yurindo and since I haven't seen the movie yet and since I always want to read the book first before watching the movie version and since it was not that expensive, I bought it. But unfortunately, I didn't like the story. Surprising, huh. I know and heard all the rave reviews about the movie version and how Audrey Hepburn's character Holly Golightly was called "a hilarious heroine" but that was not how I saw the character in the book. To me, she was just too ambitious, too flighty and just too self-involved. I know I haven't seen the movie yet, but I'm making my comments based on the book version and really, I was not too happy with the story. After I read the book, I was aghast to be honest. I mean, who would want to base a character on Holly Golightly I really don't know... So disappointing.

But I still love Audrey Hepburn.

....

Ruther introduced me to a new tv show So You Think You Can Dance and I loved it. I just loved the concept and I think some of the dance choreographies in the show were just astounding. My favorite dancers in the last season were Katee Shean and Joshua Allen and if you watched the show, you'd know why. After I completed watching the entire season, I would sometimes check YouTube for some of their routines (they were partners in the show) and I would always be amazed at their movements and skillfulness. I just love them. Anyway, I'm looking forward to watching the next season and hopefully, it will be just as amazing as this last one.

No comments: