Tuesday, February 10, 2009

3AM

I don't know why I'm up at this time. I woke up at around 3am and tried to go back to sleep but obviously can't. I don't know why I'm so restless. I think there was a dream involved. I just can't remember if it was good or bad. Stupid subconscious. Anyway, after several minutes of tossing and turning and risking waking Ethan up (the boys sleep with me while Ruther is away), I gave up and got up. Who am I kidding? I'm SO awake right now. And since I've nothing better to do right now, I might as well blog. Maybe I'll read my book after this.

.....

So, did you catch the lunar eclipse last night? We tried to. We were on the roof at 845pm waiting for the change but the cloudy night just ruined the whole experience. We did take some photos of the full moon but around 915pm, it was all clouds so we went back in the house. After that we pretty much called it a night. So much for that.

.....

Due to parental pressure, I was guilt-tripped into bringing the boys home to Zamboanga next month to visit my mom and dad. My mom was text messaging me like, "So, you should get your promo tickets now because you might not have a chance to get early reservations." See how she phrased that? A subtle command. Not "So, when are you visiting?" or "Are you coming with the boys for a vacation?" Trust my mom to know exactly what to say. Anyway, it's not like I could just say no. We did not go home at all last year and my dad really misses the boys. Plus, my parents slyly told me that all I had to do was shoulder the fare going there and they would handle our return tickets. If that's not a bribe then I don't know what is. :) But I'm sure they are so excited to have the boys there. Especially my dad who had them for only a fraction last year when we went to Baguio. So yeah, I'm sure they will be ecstatic to have the boys noisy up the house in Zamboanga and maybe drive them a little crazy now and then. Anyway, we're leaving on March 2, a Monday. We can't leave earlier than that because there's a family reunion scheduled at the end of the month (Ruther's side of the family) and we have to attend. Also, some of Ruther's relatives from Cebu and Australia will be flying in for the occasion so we have to be here for all the bonding that's going to happen for sure. So the next few days might be pretty hectic for us. Gotta be prepared.

For now I think it's time I get some coffee. Good morning!

No comments: