Wednesday, February 11, 2009

DEJA VU

So for the second night in a row I'm up at 3am. How weird is that? Something must be playing with my body clock or I would still be really sleepy right now.

But then again, there is something really peaceful with the hushed atmosphere at this hour. I could hear all my thoughts, I could focus on what I have to do today, and I could do whatever I want at this time (like blog) without the boys interrupting me every few minutes. So yeah, this seems like a blessing in disguise.

Now, if you look at it at a more creepy level, maybe a ghost is waking me up for 2 nights now. Maybe something sinister in the shadows tapped into my subconscious and dragged me from peaceful slumber to keep it company until the wee hours of the morning. Possible? Naaaaah.

Anyway, if you look at it at a more romantic level, perhaps Ruther is dreaming of me (and still is at this time) and the intensity of his dreams affected my subconscious mind and rocked me awake. Isn't that sweet? Well, I wish. He's most probably snoring away right now without a care in the world. But I'll still ask him if he dreamed of me. As if he'd remember come morning.

Okay, I know I'm just rambling but this waking up thing at 3am is starting to bug me. I'm sure it's gonna ruin my internal clock and then it'll get my system out of whack and I'm pretty sure by noon today I'll be all sleepy again. Sigh.

Maybe I miss Ruther.

1 comment:

Becky said...

I think it probably is a case of just missing your hubby. I know that when Jeff's been gone to conventions and I'm home with the boys alone, I stir at every sound.

And sometimes the dip in temperatures in the night will wake me up, too.