Monday, February 09, 2009

RANDOM THOUGHTS

I haven't been reading or watching the news lately. And when I say "lately" I mean, for months and months. I don't know. The day to day news always depresses me. I mean, if there were more good news than bad then I guess that would be better but then again, that would not be the real world, right? I'm not sure if psychologists would say that I'm putting on horse blinders to stay in a happy place and ignore the bad things that's happening around me but well, being someone easily affected by her surroundings, I suppose it's my call to evade those depressing news entirely. Sigh. I wish there was a happy pill for all the bad guys in the world then maybe all these nonsense would stop.

And uh no, I'm not talking about Prozac.

.....

Now that we're back in Manila I get to eat the food I missed munching on in Japan. Of course, I have to eat in moderation or I just know I would get unbelievably fat (again). Right now, I am enjoying the mangoes. I love those ripe yellow mangoes. They are my favorite fruit! If I wasn't so scared of getting diabetes I would probably be eating them everyday. They are still a bit expensive right now at P65-60 a kilo but I know that when summer is here it'll be a whole lot cheaper. Looking forward to all those yummy mango shakes. Mmmmmm...

.....

I am just about to begin reading Breaking Dawn, the 4th book of the Twilight series. The second and third books were okay. I mean, at least they kept me on my toes and left me wondering about what would happen next. I like stories like that, when every chapter would have me begging for more. Anyway, it would be interesting to find out how Bella and Edward resolve the "being together forever" issue. Also, I read in another friend's blog that Dakota Fanning might play Jane in the movie. I think that would be great!! I would rather she play Alice (because Jane's evil and Alice isn't) but well, I'm just glad she'll be in the movie because I'm a huge Dakota fan. So yay! Looking forward to watching the flicks. Already missed the Twilight movie so I gotta watch that first.

No comments: