Saturday, February 07, 2009

SORRY...AGAIN

It's like a cycle, isn't it?

I'm sorry for disappearing again. Aside from being quite depressed from leaving Japan weeks ago, the boys and I had to spend time/bond with Ruther before he left again (for Japan of course) last Saturday. He was only in Manila for 2 weeks so you can only imagine the schedule we had those past few days. Anyway, I'm back and I'm blogging and I'm sorry I disappeared for so long. Hopefully next time, it won't take me weeks to blog and to catch up with all your wonderful stories.

.....

First things first. I got a haircut. A short one. Well, "short" is relative I suppose but having had long hair since childhood, my current haircut is indeed short. Nope, it's not the haircut I had last New Year. I got an improved cut. I was kind of worried how it would turn out because I've always had issues with my round face and chubbiness but in the end, I kind of like it. It somehow makes my face a bit less chubby. And any haircut that does that is fine in my book. So yeah, glad to get the haircut and now I feel like 2009 is starting out swell (aside from Ruther leaving, of course). And now, I can cross out "get short haircut" from my ___ Things to Do Before I Die list. Will post a photo of my new haircut soon. Just remind me in case I forget. Again.

.....

Ever since Ruther left I've been cleaning like crazy! Since our room was uninhabited for 6 months, I had to make sure I got rid off all dustballs and cobwebs. It took some time actually. What really irked me though were ants. A lot of ants in our room. Whenever I would spray some insecticide on their trail, after a few days they would make another. Argh! Infuriating. Kinda made me miss Japan all the more since we never had any pest problem. At all! Anyway, I just finished cleaning and fixing things up yesterday (not to mention all the unpacking I had to do as well) so now I could breathe again. And now I could blog again. Hurrah!

.....

I have some sort-of good news. Ruther and I talked a few weeks ago and we're considering getting a dependent's visa for the boys and me the next time we go to Japan (which Ruther wants to be soon). This is good news because this means, we won't be limited to a 6-month stay in Japan. This means, we could stay in Japan for as long as Ruther will be working there. Isn't that wonderful? So now, we're trying to review all the things we need to do to accomplish this. I'm hoping that everything will turn out all right and that my family will be reunited soon. I can't wait for this to happen. It's like my dream of finally living permanently together as a family is coming true. I know I'm being all gooey and anticipatory but I'm just really excited. Of course we have to save and plan and all that but I just know that we could handle anything as long as we're together and as long as God is present in our plans. So yeah, I'm feeling positive about 2009. Ruther said it's going to be OUR year and I hope in my heart he's right.

1 comment:

Becky said...

So glad to hear all is going well...and that dependants visa sounds really great. I pray you all are able to live together permanently soon.

That story about the chicken was hilarious. Kids are such fun, aren't they?