Tuesday, February 17, 2009

THINGS TO PROCESS

I've started doing some research on the Certificate of Eligibility (COE) that we need to start our application for Japan. In the Japanese embassy website, it says that this certificate will be very helpful in our visa processing so we have to get this. I already shared with Ruther (through email) the information I got from the internet. Processing for this COE will take from a month to three months so by April, we hope to get our gears moving...

.....

After thinking about it I realized that staying in Zamboanga til April 18 seems to be too long for me. I would much rather come back to Manila on the 11th but at the same time, I don't want my parents to think that I'm keeping the boys from them, my dad most especially. It's not like the boys won't be pampered there, it's just that activities in my home province are very (very) limited and I don't want to do nothing while we're there. I'm already making plans on meeting my High School friends and catching up with their lives and perhaps enrolling Nikki in an early summer swimming course. Of course, there's that roadtrip that my parents are kind of planning so I hope that pushes through. Anyway, even Ruther is thinking that April 18 is just too long. I mean, with our poor internet connection at home it will make communicating a bit harder especially through videochat. We usually get disconnected or the lapse is just too long. Here in Manila, I just leave the laptop on and Ruther could message me anytime he's free at the office and vice-versa (well, no office for me). Anyway, I hope the days would just fly by once we're home so we could come back soon and then proceed with our much-awaited application.

.....

I learned from Mama the other day that this family reunion we're having is going to be a GRAND reunion. So that means there will be TONS of people at the venue on Sunday. Golly. I thought it was going to be just the regular relatives (you know, the usual people we see during Christmas) but apparently, the brothers and sisters of Mama's mother and father (plus the relatives) are also going to be there so I can only imagine the crowd on the 22nd. Sigh. It's gonna be chaotic, I'm sure. But hopefully fun.

Hopefully.

1 comment:

Becky said...

That COE sounds like a good thing to pursue. Hopefully then you will all be able to stay together for good! I'll be praying everything for the application process goes smoothly.

The family reunion does sound fun...I always enjoy my own. We have a very, very large extended family...my mom was one of 8 children, and her mom was one of 8 children, so the cousins and second cousins and so forth get kind of confusing at times, but it's always very neat to meet up with everyone again.