Thursday, February 12, 2009

VAMPIRES AND MORE

I seem to be saturating myself in vampire tales these days. Aside from doing a Buffy marathon (Ruther got me the complete collection for Christmas) for the past weeks, I have been following the story of Bella and Edward and if you have no idea who they are then maybe you're just not into books or the supernatural. Anyway, I'm almost done with the Buffy episodes. I'm in Season 7 now (the final season) and I want to know how things end for Buffy and the Scooby gang. I have to admit, when I followed this series on tv I was not able to catch all the episodes so it's better doing the marathon, at least this way, I could connect all the stories and subplots I missed in the past. It's actually nice getting to watch the entire story unfold in the proper order. I might be done with the final season by next week if nothing hectic comes my way in the next few days.

I just finished reading Breaking Dawn and I must say, once you get over the first book (Twilight), the rest of the books just get better and better. My favorite is the last book because of revelations, resolutions and well, everything coming together I must say. After reading the entire story, I'm now thinking of getting the second, third and fourth book for my collection. My sis gave me the first book last year. I like the writing style and tone of Stephanie Meyer. It's easy to read, the emotions are real and she has a very creative imagination. Hopefully, she will be writing more books in the future, vampire or no vampire.

.....

I read in the newspapers the other day that short hair is the in thing this year. Well, at least I'm keeping up with the latest fad. My hair is starting to feel a bit longer though. I'm thinking of getting a trim in the next 2 weeks to keep my hair as short as it is. I still don't know when I'm going to start growing it long but for the moment, I'm happy to keep it this short. And oh yeah, I forgot about posting my photo. Again. Will do that after I post this...

.....

Afternoons in my room is absolutely wonderful. After the noon sun has gone down a bit, the wind coming through the window is really refreshing. I usually leave the windows open at this time so the breeze could come through unhindered by the wire screen. The boys usually nap in my room (because of the cool breeze and to save electricity - we would be using 2 fans if we were in separate rooms) and I usually like the quiet and the wind while I'm in bed reading a book or listening to some music on the laptop. I just love the breeze, the calm, the relaxing tropical atmosphere. Now, if only Ruther were here, this would be perfect.

No comments: