Saturday, March 14, 2009

GOOD NEWS, BAD NEWS, GOOD NEWS

We visited my aunt at the hospital tonight and I'm happy to say that she is doing great. She had her right shin/foreleg amputated and according to my cousins, she is recovering well. Apparently, the infected part of her then-leg was causing her extreme discomfort and pain which hindered her movements and made her depressed and irritable. My cousins also said that because she no longer feels the discomfort, she is no longer depressed and moves a lot now than before. Well, I was really glad to hear that. My aunt has always had a fragile disposition and is easily affected by many things, so hearing good news for a change was just wonderful. Plus, if she continues to improve, she may leave the hospital this weekend! I think that is really great. Thank you, by the way, for all your prayers. I am really and truly grateful.

.....

One of Mommy's dogs passed away the other day. A few days ago, we noticed that Serena was bleeding. Thinking that she got into a fight with another dog, we checked her for a wound or laceration but we couldn't find any. Then we saw drops of blood near her again the next day and we thought it was her time of the month. The day after that she passed away. Daddy suspected it was some sort of internal hemorrhage (trust my Dad to give medical diagnosis) but we still don't know the reason why she bled like that. So now my mom is down one dog. Serena wasn't as cute as the other doggies but she'll be missed...

.....

My mom and dad are planning a roadtrip! Yay! I'm excited! I've lived in Zamboanga for a looong time but we never went on a roadtrip in Mindanao. Ever. My sis and bro were fortunate to experience one when everyone (my grandma, cousin, uncle and his gf from Canada were here then) went on a roadtrip to Dipolog, Cagayan and General Santos cities. I was in Japan then. So yeah, it should be my turn now. And I'm really excited. We're still making plans but hopefully we'll have the roadtrip soon. ;)

No comments: