Thursday, March 12, 2009

I LIKE IT

Just started watching the movie (just now) and already I noticed some differences from the book. I paused the movie to take the time to write this, and will pause and write as I continue to notice many things throughout the flick. I know, I'm weird but just let me have my say...

1. Rosalie. My gawd, she's not how I pictured her in my mind. In the book, she's this enthereal creature, really really beautiful, blonde, and really really out of this world. But in the movie, she looked like any model in a magazine. That was not enough for me. And yes, I was disappointed.

2. Jacob. Uh, after finishing all the books, I still had no idea how this character would look like and although I was a teeny bit surprised about the actor playing Jacob, I suppose he's all right. I'm just curious about the change that will transpire in him in the next movie. I think that will be interesting.

3. The relationship between Bella and Charlie is just as it is in the book: strained, awkward, uncomfortable at times, but you could still tell that he tries his best to be a good father and she tries to reassure him that she's okay in Forks.

Okay, on with the movie...

4. Bella's truck... is just how I pictured it. I thought it was really cool. For an old truck.

5. Alice. I pictured her to be smaller, more pixielike and cute. I suppose I had Dakota Fanning in mind but I suppose Ashley Greene is okay. I guess I'm more disappointed with Rosalie than Alice so...

6. I expected the Cullens to look more dangerous (meaning a lot scary) when angered but they only looked real serious in crouching positions, which to me, is a bit lacking (especially after getting all apprehensive in those action-packed moments in the book). I mean, of course I did not expect their faces to change like the vamps in the tv series Buffy but I at least expected them to have scary looks. Of course, that's just my opinion.

7. The movie is definitely less sappy from the book, that's for sure. And I like it like that. There isn't much sappy moments, no googly-eyed Bella, no moments of extreme insecurity. Just unique Bella trying to understand a very special Edward. And I'll say it again. I like it.

The movie is actually great. I had some qualms after reading the book but I found it very entertaining and having just enough sweetness from Bella and Edward. After watching Harry Potter movies and not liking the "interpretation" too much, I must say, I'm happy with Twilight. And I'm actually looking forward to watching the sequel. Hopefully, that will be in the theatre. And with Ruther.

No comments: