Monday, March 30, 2009

I'M BACK

We arrived safe and sound yesterday afternoon from our roadtrip and although we had a fun time touring the nearby cities, we were all glad to be home. I think no one was happier than my dad who drove the entire 3 days. As we were nearing home, he was saying things like his bed was calling him and such. He was so funny! Anyway, the boys had fun too. Nikki's instant lesson during the trip was road signs and traffic rules. It was nice to see him so interested in new things and in different situations. I lent him my point-and-shoot camera and he had a blast taking photos of everything. He was so interested that I started teaching him how to keep his arms and hands steady, to adjust his shots, to take sharper images and how to turn the flash on and off. Of course his dad was excited when I told him about Nikki's interest in photography. Hopefully, he will never tire of taking photos. The world is a beautiful place and all he has to do is look closely and capture it.

.....

Yesterday was my mom's birthday. We gave her a birthday cupcake (chocolate) with a single candle on it and Ethan helped her blow it out. Nikki took her photo and also gave her his present: a book we made about her. She loved it and we were glad. :D We did spend most of my mom's birthday on the road (going home to Zamboanga) but it was a fun trip and when we got home we had dinner together here at home and it was a nice ending to an eventful day. My mom is 58 years old now but still very active, very healthy and still as petite as before. I love you Mommy! Happy Birthday!

.....

We visited the cities/provinces of Ipil, Pagadian, Ozamis, Dapitan and Dipolog. We didn't tarry in some places too much because we only had 3 days. But the best place for me during the entire trip was the boulevard of Dipolog City. It was really clean, beautiful and the people are just so nice. And the sunset was lovely when we went for a stroll there. My mom, dad and I spent some minutes eating balut and chatted with the manang (old lady vendor) and Nikki had fun taking photos. I even chatted with a British tourist who declined the balut graciously. It was a nice experience. When I asked Nikki what his favorite thing was during the trip, he promptly replied, "swimming in the pool". Well no surprise there. When we were at Dipolog, the hotel we stayed at had a pool so the boys spent some time playing in the pool last Saturday afternoon. Anyway, it was wonderful getting to see other cities and places. It was a wonderful experience and hopefully we will be doing more travelling in the future. :)

No comments: