Thursday, March 26, 2009

ROAD TRIP

So, our road trip commences tomorrow! I am so psyched! Been packing our stuff last night and I had to write and rewrite the list of things to bring with us. Talk about over anxiety. Anyway, I showed Nikki the map this afternoon of the road and cities we'll be passing by in the next couple of days and he's pretty excited too. Well, I hope everything goes well and I hope we all have fun. :)

.....

My cold is gone, which is a HUGE relief. I am so glad I'm not sniffling any more. Not only is it so bothersome, it also made my nose sore from all the wiping I had to do every minute or so. Not to mention Nikki complaining that he couldn't kiss me on the lips because I wouldn't let him catch my germs. Haha! He is such a sweet boy. Anyway, I'm glad to be rid of that nasty cold. Good riddance. :)

.....

I had such a fun time with my friends last Tuesday evening. I met up with four of them (3 were my childhood friends and all of them were my HS classmates) and we just talked endlessly. We haven't seen each other for more than a year but when we started talking, it seemed like we were never apart at all! It's amazing how our friendship has stayed strong and true after all these years. Last Tuesday, we caught up with each others' lives and we're even planning our HS reunion in 2013. It'll be our 20th year then. My, how time flies... But the interesting thing is that after all these years, we have managed to stay the same. I mean, of course, not exactly the same in all aspects, but basically, the way we were in HS (cooky, fun-loving, talkative, really comfy in each others' presence) is still how we are now and it's a lot of fun when you meet old friends and remember them the same way. Despite the ups and downs in all our lives these past 16 years since we graduated (believe me, some of my friends' stories will make you cry) when we get together, we are all happy to be in each others' company. And I love my friends. I know that they will be my friends forever. (Cheesy I know, but true.) Anyway, we're planning another get together, this time with our kids on April 5 so I'm really looking forward to that. :)

No comments: