Tuesday, March 17, 2009

SPENDING TIME WITH MIMI AND POPSIE

It's wonderful seeing the boys bond with my mom and dad. My dad really loves having the boys around. We're not even halfway through our vacation and already my dad has been lamenting about how he'll miss the boys when we're back in Manila. He really missed them because we didn't come to Zamboanga for a visit last year before we left for Japan. So now he's really trying to spend as much time with them as he could. We've already been to the beach, to a swim resort and to several places in the city because my dad knows that the boys love roadtrips and to swim. We go to church twice a week (Fridays and Sundays) and the boys and I tag along and it's a miracle that they don't put up a fuss here (unlike when we were in Japan). My mom and dad couldn't be happier. They have also taught Nikki the prayer before meals and my dad never forgets to call Nikki to lead the prayer every lunchtime. It's amazing how fast my boy learns when he's interested. Anyway, we're going to teach him more of course but it's nice to see my mom and dad teach my boys for a change. I'm happy that they are concerned about their spiritual growth and see to it that they are learning good things. And I am glad that my parents are very much the same "parents" to the boys as they were/are to me and my siblings. When the boys are out of line, they scold them the way they did us and yet, they never overstep me when I discipline the boys. It's nice to know that they trust me and my parenting skills. Yes, it feels good to be surrounded by so much love and support and to be acknowledged as a good mother. I'm sure the boys and my parents have a lot of bonding to do these next few weeks and I'm glad we're here for this opportunity to spend time with the family.

.....

After checking the internet for the schedule and fees for the summer swimming classes in Manila, I'm now thinking of enrolling Nikki. I was supposed to enrol him last year but we needed the money for our visa application and fare to Japan so we didn't push through with it. But now, aside from being physically ready, Nikki is old enough to follow instructions, to trust his coach and to not fear the water. So yeah, I think I'll be enrolling him late-April. Hopefully, he'll love the lessons and be able to continue to the next level very soon.

1 comment:

Becky said...

Love the names Mimi and Popsie! Too cute.

Glad y'all are able to spend time with them...I'm sure it helps to make the time away from your hubby go faster.

How is your aunt doing?