Monday, March 16, 2009

YUMMY DURIAN

Yay! We have gotten around to eating the fruit these past days and I'm really happy it's available this early in the year. I don't care what some people say about this fruit. I don't care if some find it smelly or revolting. I don't care if some people can't stand it. I love it and my family loves it. I've been eating it all my life and I don't think I'm going to get fed up of it. The last time I was in Zamboanga I didn't get a chance to eat durian so I'm quite happy that it's now being sold around the city. Yay!

.....

I've been researching the 'net for places of interest and accommodations around Dipolog and Dapitan Cities for our upcoming roadtrip. We were initially planning a trip to Camiguin, an island in Northern Mindanao (we're in Western Mindanao) but aside from costing a lot to get there by bus, we would need another 2-hr. bus ride when we get to Cagayan de Oro and then take another 2-hr. ferry ride to Camiguin. Just thinking about it already exhausts me. And my mom agreed that that would be too expensive, too tiring and just too bothersome. So now we're planning to visit the not-too-far-away citites of Dipolog and Dapitan. I'm actually excited to get there. Aside from this being my first Mindanao road trip, the last time I was in those cities was when I was in high school. So yeah, I'm excited to see the places and to take thousands of photos. I hope I won't run out of SD cards! :)

.....

I've been reading No Place Like Home by Mary Higgins Clark and although I really love her books, I've been too preoccupied by many things to really appreciate the story. I know, I suck. But well I can't help being worried about things and I can't help thinking about things that affect me, my family and our future. Anyway, I'm halfway through the book and if I concentrate hard enough and push all other thoughts from my head, the story is quite riveting. So I plan to finish the book before the week is over then get around to doing all those other things that's been bothering me for the past days.

Sigh.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

ate yette, please buy marang. hehe!