Wednesday, April 29, 2009

GREAT WAY TO STAY IN TOUCH

I am sure only people who have lived under a rock or have really really REALLY busy lives have no idea what Facebook is. I used be active on Friendster but I found Facebook to be tons better. While in Zamboanga last month, I helped organize our Grade School reunion group and I am happy to say that our members are increasing. We even found some of our boy classmates (who we haven't had contact with since we graduated in '89!) and it was nice getting to communicate once more. One of them (who is currently in London) chats with me every so often and we would laugh and reminisce about our young days. Some of my classmates are planning a mini-reunion next year and although I might not make it (I'll most probably be in Japan by then), I still promised my classmates that I'll do whatever I could to help make it happen. I also posted in our Facebook group some of our grade school photos and it was a blast to read all their comments and reactions. I think it's really great that through Facebook, we have all reconnected and could stay in touch with each other. I hope that we will be able to find all our classmates (I posted our class list in our group) and maybe when that day comes, we could all finally plan a very big grand reunion. :)

.....

We have a scheduled brown-out tomorrow (Wednesday). It'll be from 11pm to 5am. I know. Crazy, right? I mean, why the power outage while people are supposed to be in bed?? Idiotic. Anyway, I've been thinking of ways on how we're going to manage then. I'm sure the boys will be complaining about the heat and having no electricity. Ruther told me to go someplace cool like McDonald's. That's actually a good idea because there's a McDonald's just outside our subdivision and it's open 24 hours. So maybe that's possible. I'm even thinking of buying a rechargeable fan. But I'm still not too sure about it because well, it's be costly and we might even get to use it a lot before we go to Japan. So it'll be a waste of dough. Ruther was worried about the boys but I told him that they need to experience things like this so they won't take life for granted. They also need to learn to be creative in such situations. I mean, they need to rough it out once in a while, right? Anyway, I'm planning on practicing my low light shots tomorrow during the brownout. Hopefully, I'll be able to practice enough. Let's just hope the electricity does come back at 5am as scheduled or I'll surely have a couple of cranky preschoolers in the morning.

1 comment:

Becky said...

We have those from time to time, though ours are never scheduled ahead of time. But our Electric company does give us a good discount on our regular bill to be able to do that.

Jeff usually soaks a hand towel in water and lays it on his chest when it's stifiling hot outside. I prefer keeping a mister bottle nearby and from time to time just misting myself. That worked especially well when we camped one time in 117 degree heat.

I still haven't tried out Facebook. I probably should, as that's how my mom stays in touch with my brother.

So it sounds like you might get to go to Japan permanently? That's so exciting for you guys. Yay!