Sunday, April 26, 2009

ITCHY THROAT

For the past days, we've been having rains. Not that I mind. It's just that it's weird being right smack in the middle of summer and it's been raining almost everyday. But again, I'm not complaining. I think it's wonderful that we are having a temporary respite from the heat. It's just nice to be experiencing a somewhat different kind of summer this time.

.....

I'm still coughing. And I sound bad when I do. My throat itches all the time and when I breathe in the air tickles my throat so I try to breathe shallow and slow which is stupid because I can't consciously do that all the time. I get distracted by things I have to do and eventually my throat itches so much and I start coughing. And it's an endless cycle. I've tried drinking calamansi juice but it didn't help much. It only made my tummy acidic. I've tried lozenges but the relief is only temporary. I surely don't like my cough but after experiencing a really bad headache the other day when I was down with fever, I'll take this cough over that anytime.

.....

Yesterday, I trimmed the boys' hair. I was actually thinking of bringing Nikki to a barber shop but it started to drizzle and I didn't want Nikki to get sick in the rain and put the trimming off for another day (their hair needed a trim in my eyes) so I thought, why not do it? It was a good thing the boys didn't put up a fuss although Ethan was particularly fidgety so his bangs were a bit crooked, but I was okay with their trim. Ethan would surely feel more comfortable with his shorter haircut and Nikki looks neater now. I suppose my hair-cutting skills will come in handy again once we're back in Japan. :D

No comments: