Wednesday, April 22, 2009

UGH!

Just when I thought everything was okay, I get sick. Well, I'm all better today (thank goodness!) but last night I was so hot with fever. I didn't think that I was going to get sick because I hardly ever get sick but well, it only shows that life is full of surprises.

It was raining yesterday but I went to Ruther's office to get my Intellicare (HMO) card and the PhilHealth forms (for reimbursement during Nikki's hospital stay). The PhilHealth forms are important so I could get back about P10,000 I spent for hospital fees. Turns out, I will still have to go to a PhilHealth office to get another form: Member Data Record to complete all the documents THEN be able to apply for reimbursement. Grrr...

After going to Ruther's office, I passed by SM Southmall to buy a charger for the boys' Nintendo DS. It was still raining at that time. After testing one charger, I decided to buy two just so I'll have my own charger as well. The old charger broke in Zamboanga (and another charger was gnawed by our pet rabbit a long time ago) and we don't have a replacement so I figured, we better have two at hand. Besides, one charger cost only P199. After that I went home (around 4pm) and tended to the boys. At around 5pm I was feeling chilly so I put on my sweater. By 515pm I felt a headache coming on so I tried to nap and told Nikki to wake me at 6pm.

When Nikki woke me, I was burning up and I felt like hammers (or mallets) were pounding on my head incessantly. It was horrible. I would not have minded the fever at all but the headache was really bad. Anyway, I just lay there and tried to sleep it off but it refused to go away for several hours. Nikki was really concerned about me and kept on reassuring me, "I love you Mommy, okay?" He's such a sweetie. Ethan tried to comfort me in his own way as well, by lying on me or climbing on me and pretending I was a motorcycle. Really cute. Once, he kissed me on the cheek and then said, "Ouch!" because my face was hot. Poor baby.

Although I was pretty messed up last night, I was still glad to have them about me. Russell, my brother-in-law stepped up and helped me with some stuff and let the boys stay in his room while I was dozing off and on. By 12midnight, I felt a whole lot better but I didn't want to take any chances so I took a tablet (paracetamol) and drank lots of water. My skin felt cool and my headache was gone. I didn't think I could sleep after all the hours of dozing (from 6pm onwards) so I tried reading a bit but after a few minutes, I felt sleepy again so I just closed my eyes and slept again.

By morning I felt a whole lot better although my throat hurts a bit when I swallow. I think I'm going to have a cold soon. Well, I won't mind having a cold as long as I won't have a headache. I was supposed to go out today to do some errands but it's been raining real hard so I think I'm just going to do them tomorrow or the next day. I wouldn't want to get sick again. Even if I hardly ever get sick.

1 comment:

Becky said...

Glad you're on the mend. Nothing worse than being sick when you're the mom. Glad your brother-in-law could help out.