Friday, May 22, 2009

FIXED NOW

Yay! My laptop is now up and running and it's wonderful to have it back! :D Russ gave it back to me this morning and although I lost some of the stuff I installed, I'm not too bothered as long as all my photos are intact (I would DIE if I lost any one of them!!), I could check my mails, blog (and earn money) and of course, communicate with Ruther once more. So yay!! Am quite happy about having my laptop back. Thanks Russ! I owe you that halo-halo I promised! :D

.....

Nikki and I have come to enjoy using the soroban. We're still kind of slow now since we're still getting to know how to use it properly but I'm sure in just a short while Nikki will be using it well. We're following the books step-by-step and I must say I like the way the lessons were presented in the text book and activity/workbook. I'm planning on getting the Level 2 books as well but I think I'll get the e-book instead of the textbook. I wouldn't want another disappointing experience with the customs department of the Las Pinas Post Office. They might charge me who knows how much for a mere couple of books! If you remember, I mentioned in a previous post that they charged me P955 for the abacus and the 2 books. And I only paid $39.90 for them!! It's like I paid $20 more for the stuff! Tsk tsk! Atrocious! And people wonder why the Philippines is suffering... Anyway, like I said, I'll just get the e-books. This way, I won't have to pay any additional fees and at the same time, I won't have to lug the books with me when we go to Japan. All I have to do is print out the worksheets and we could continue with our math lessons. So yup, am killing 2 birds with one stone.

Happy day today... :D

No comments: