Tuesday, May 26, 2009

FLUSTERPATED AND FAHOODLED

At last I finally got my PRC ID (professional ID) today. (I applied for a renewal a few weeks ago.) I left the house at 715 this morning and got there just after 8am. I thought all I had to do was submit my claim stub and get the ID immediately. But no. I had to wait for a while. Bummer. I don't understand why there's only one Philippine Regulations Commission office here in Manila. There should be mini-offices per city for convenience. In Japan, there are government offices in every ward. It's very very convenient. I wish the government here was as discerning. (But what else is new here...)

.....

Lately, I've been finding blend words really neat! The other day after mentioning in my Facebook account that I was worried about something, one of my friends replied with "Chillax!" This brought a smile to my face. I think that was cute. Haha! "Relax" and "chill" together. Then I also encountered "fantabulous". And the other day "ginormous" and also "doddler" (dodder and toddler). Haha! So cute! I also found "hugantic" (huge and gigantic) and confuzzled (confused and puzzled). Creative, don't you think? Here's a list I found in the 'net (love number 7):

Top Ten Favorite Words (Not in the Dictionary)

  1. ginormous (adj): bigger than gigantic and bigger than enormous
  2. confuzzled (adj): confused and puzzled at the same time
  3. woot (interj): an exclamation of joy or excitement
  4. chillax (v): chill out/relax, hang out with friends
  5. cognitive displaysia (n): the feeling you have before you even leave the house that you are going to forget something and not remember it until you're on the highway
  6. gription (n): the purchase gained by friction: "My car needs new tires because the old ones have lost their gription."
  7. phonecrastinate (v): to put off answering the phone until caller ID displays the incoming name and number
  8. slickery (adj): having a surface that is wet and icy
  9. snirt (n): snow that is dirty, often seen by the side of roads and parking lots that have been plowed
  10. lingweenie (n): a person incapable of producing neologisms

P.S.
flusterpated - a state of being flustered that's so intense, one's actions and words become bound up
fahoodled-
confused, esp. when trying to think of too many things at once

No comments: