Sunday, May 24, 2009

WISHING...

I have to admit I find it both weird and exciting earning from home. Well, I'm not really earning that much because paid ads are quite limited for non-US bloggers (I usually only get like 2 a week) but still, it's nice to be doing something I love (writing) and be paid for it at the same time. I just wish though that there were more offers for international bloggers. It would be nice to write about something and be paid $15 for it (rather than just $2.50). I really do put a lot of thought into my compositions and writing and I think that I deserve more than $2.50 for a 200-word review. I don't mean to sound pompous. I'm just saying that I wish those higher-paying ads were readily available to me. Oh well...

.....

Since I lamented about neglecting my Nihongo studies, I started reviewing my books again yesterday. As expected, I forgot some of the stuff I already learned while I was in Japan. Bummer. Now I have to review again. My main problem I guess is the sentence structure. Nihongo doesn't neccesarily follow the subject+verb+object pattern (as in English). It usually (more often than not) starts with the object first. So, "I would like some water" would translate to "Mizu ga hoshii no desu ga" with mizu meaning water. So yeah, the sentence pattern confuses me as well as a hundred other things (prepositions, proper word usage, formal/informal situations, etc.) but hopefully, I'm getting somewhere. I just wish that there will be some Nihongo classes offered in Yokohama so I could attend and even learn more Japanese...

1 comment:

Becky said...

That'd be great...to learn Japan in Japan.

You should teach English courses or do translation work in your country, Yette. You have a really good command of the English language, and are very well-written and well-spoken in it.