Monday, May 25, 2009

WITH GLASSES SOON

So, we went back to Nikki's ophthalmologist this morning after 2 days of applying an atropine sulfate solution to his eye (one drop a day) to widen his pupils and deactivate his focusing ability. When we got there, the doctor once more checked his eyes on the slit lamp and then after several minutes of correcting his eyesight on the phoropter, Nikki will definitely be wearing glasses in a few days. His grade on the right eye is 250 with astigmatism of 100 and his left has a grade of 175 with astigmatism of 175. The doctor recommended that Nikki wear his glasses all the time so that his eyesight would not worsen and his astigmatism be corrected. I'm quite sure during the first few days he'll be complaining about the glasses but hopefully once he gets used to it he'll be wearing them always. I already told Ruther to start saving for his LASIK when he's bigger, should he need it. It pays to be prepared, right?

.....

I've been scanning our old (not ancient but before-digital-came-to-be) photos since last week and I still have a lot more to do. There are of course, our wedding photos, some baby photos, then other photos that came from other cameras (like my mom's). I would also like to have our negatives digitized. Those things are really precious to me. I would get so paranoid if any one of them gets ruined (God forbid!). So I have yet to look for a Fujifilm branch nearby where I could have the negatives digitized. Hopefully I could have that done next month. For now, I would have to finish scanning all these photos. That is, until I run out of disk space. :D

No comments: