Wednesday, June 03, 2009

SAD NEWS

I am feeling very sad for a close friend of mine. She has been my friend from grade school til high school and we've managed to keep in touch through all these years. Anyway, I learned yesterday that her husband died. He was shot while in the car and he did not survive his wounds. I was so shocked to hear about this. I mean, I never (in a million years) thought that this could happen to a close friend of mine. But I was even more shocked to find out that he was shot while 2 of his kids were in the backseat of the car!! My goodness! I wouldn't know what I would do if this happened to me. I so wanted to talk to my friend but I didn't want to impose. This is the first time this has happened to me (within my circle of friends) and I didn't know how to talk to her. So I messaged her and just expressed my regrets and of course, my support that no matter what, I'll be here for her always. I also called my mom (her mom and my mom are friends because of our years of schooling together) and asked her to send a wreath from us. Last night, I was not able to sleep properly because I was too bothered about my friend's plight. Even Ruther noticed that I was down. But I just can't help it. My mom messaged me a few hours ago saying she went to the wake and she said my friend was holding up quite well. Although I was glad to hear that, I still can't help feeling worried. I hope that my friend will get over this crisis quickly and heal soon. She is one of the kindest, sweetest people I know and she deserves to have a happy life.

No comments: