Thursday, June 25, 2009

WRONG AGAIN

I was told yesterday by people here at home to prepare candles for a possible blackout that might happen sometime in the middle of the night. They watched the early evening news and according to PAGASA (the weather bureau), the storm that is currently in the Philippines might become stronger at around 9pm onwards. I said, "PAGASA has never been accurate in their predictions and I don't think it's going to change tonight." And I was right. As always, the only accurate prediction about PAGASA is their wrong prediction on the weather. Duh.

.....

I've been searching for DS games for the boys these past days. Since Ethan loves to play DS games, I thought of adding some more educational games to their game unit. Ethan learned the hiragana and katakana just by playing Anpanman. I have that game in my DS with the hope of learning nihongo myself. Anyway, I found some nice ones like Crazy Machines (physics-like with levers and ramps and strategically maneuvering those to make a course), Music (all about music: compositions, notes, etc.), My Japanese Coach (yup, teaches Nihongo) and a few other games. I hope to add more thinking and learning games soon. I just have a difficult time searching for games and then reviewing them and then testing them out. But then again, the rewards are so great so I guess it's all right. :)

No comments: