Friday, July 24, 2009

TWO DAYS

So, we have only 2 more days to go and we will be flying to Japan. I am having mixed emotions about this. But of course Nikki is excited. This will be our third time in Japan and our first time to stay for a year straight. I'm planning to look for part-time work while there and I hope I'll be successful. I wouldn't mind babysitting, dog-walking or tutoring. I'd be happy to earn in my own time, my own way. Who knows it might be a successful venture?

.....

So, did you get to see the solar eclipse last Wednesday? We did for a short while. The sun was only covered 1/3 before the moon moved away. Nikki got to see the sun partially eclipsed and he found it really fascinating. We got to look at photos of a total solar eclipse on the internet and we reviewed how that came to be. It's nice to see Nikki so interested in science. Anyway, I'm already planning some interesting activities for us while in Japan. I know our preparations for Japan threw our homeschooling out of whack but I'm planning on getting back on track once we get there.

.....

I'm seriously thinking CABLE. For Japan that is. Ethan learns a lot from Playhouse Disney and Nikki enjoys some of the shows on Cartoon Network. I think it would be a good idea to have cable in our apartment in Japan. I have yet to discuss this with Ruther, of course, but I think the battle is already half-won because my husband particularly loves to watch tv shows. Anyway, we'll have to wait and see though. As most people know, things aren't necessarily cheap in Japan.

No comments: