Sunday, March 14, 2010

SUMMER, SCRAPBOOK, SO MUCH MORE...

It's been really warm these past weeks. We've been making shakes and smoothies like crazy, been taking frequent showers and having brownouts because of the heat. We're surviving though. We turn on the AC when it gets really unbearable, which usually happens when there's no breeze at all. And it's not even the summer months yet! Sigh. Been getting some headaches from the heat but not too frequently. I just hope this El Nino goes away soon!

.....

Today is the Pacquiao-Clottey fight for all you boxing fans. I'm quite sure everyone in the Philippines are glued to their tv sets waiting for the bout to begin. And I'm sure the streets and highways will be empty once more because people will all be tuned in to the fight. Well, Good Luck Manny! I know you'll make us proud!

.....

My tummy is getting bigger. A bulge is forming and I don't know how to feel about that. Some people might think I look somewhat pregnant but others might suspect that I just came from an all-you-can-eat buffet. Not pretty. Sigh. And I think I'm starting to get fat! Sigh. I hate it. I've had issues with my body since I was little. With a petite sister AND mother, I've always been reminded to "lose weight" or "don't get too fat" or "remember our family's medical history" or "you gained weight again" or "don't eat too much". And now I'm pregnant again and sure to gain even more weight!! I've been doing light exercises and I stare at the mirror sometimes and look at myself critically for flab and fat and all those. It's really depressing, I know. But I can't help it! I have a difficult time losing weight! I guess I'll have to watch my diet more closely now.

.....

I've started a pregnancy scrapbook. I figured, if this is going to be our last baby I might as well document everything. So it's going to be like a pregnancy diary. I'm done with the first 2 months but have yet to add the ultrasound and lab results which I'm going to have next week. Then in a couple of weeks I'm going to start on the third month. At least this keeps me busy.

I also started crocheting again. I'm making this blanket from granny squares. I hope it'll turn out nice. I have some difficulty joining the squares together. I guess I need more practice. I also made a little hat but it looked too small so I think I'll need to make a bigger one. Anyway, more crochet projects coming up...

.....

I've been craving for durian lately. In case you didn't know what it is, it's a fruit that looks like this:

It's somewhat hard to find this time of the year but a nearby supermarket sells them fortunately so I buy some there. It's really yummy (in my opinion) and everyone in my family love to eat this (when I say my family, I mean MY family. Ruther's family are not so fond of this fruit since it's predominantly found in the Mindanao are of the Philippines where I grew up.) Anyway, this is the first time I've had food cravings. When I had Nikki and Ethan I didn't have any particular craving. So I find this weird coz when I crave for something I usually want to eat it right away. And if I can't get it, I have difficulty sleeping. Am I weird or what?

3 comments:

drlilac said...

Congratulations my dear friend!!!!! :)

Becky said...

The pregnancy scrapbook will be a nice keepsake to look back on later in life. I wouldn't worry overly much about the weight gain. What's important is to eat the right kinds of things, paying extra attention to healthy nutritional choices (fruits, veggies, whole grains, protein) and avoiding any processed or 'junk' foods. Make sure you're getting plenty of folic acid, too. I've never seen durians in our stores here, but (thanks to the power of suggestion, lol) I will have to locate and try one one of these days.

I, too, know what it was like to have petite mom and sisters. I ended up with my dad's mom's body shape, they ended up with my mom's moms body shape...and though I was always a good healthy weight then, I stressed far too much about it. Now I would give just about anything to be that weight again, lol.

Becky said...

P.S. Are you getting enough water with all that heat? The headaches sound like you might be slightly dehydrated.