Saturday, January 08, 2011

GOTTA PUT ON A BRAVE FACE

It was such a looooong day yesterday.

We had to wake up early in the morning for our Annual Physical Examination and I already felt out of sorts because I slept late the night before. Ethan was so hyper and was mumbling loudly that I would wake up, tell/ask him to sleep then doze off, then just when I'm about to go to deeper sleep,wake up again from one of his monologues.

My sis came over at 620am and was surprised to find Nikki asleep. When I got up at 640, we had to rush rush rush. We finally left the house around 730am. Sigh.

When we got to the clinic, it was fine because there were only a few people around. There were only 2 people there. Our numbers were 4,5,6. Pretty soon, a woman called, "Number Three!" No one acknowledged her. Then, "Number 4!" Sweet. It was our turn. We started off with the vitals: pulse rate, blood pressure (Nikki said: "Hey! Why didn't she take my blood pressure?"), height and weight (cringe), then eye exam which nobody passed because the three of us are near-sighted. After that, it was off to the Pediatrician while my sis minded Enzo. We did the usual medical history and checking of vaccinations. The boys are updated except for the flu vaccine. Enzo has yet to receive his DPT and polio. But my sis will do that tomorrow. When the doctor asked if Ethan, (who was hyper beyond imagination) was going to school, I started with, "Well, we're homeschooling, actually..." and that got a "REALLY?!?! We are too!!" out of her. After that, we talked about homeschooling, etc which bored Nikki and made Ethan more hyper. After a few minutes of chatting, she checked the boys out (ear exam, chest, etc.) then we were off for chest x-rays, and laboratory exams. I was so glad that Ethan did not freakout like last time when they had to take some blood. He was scared, but he didn't run around and scream too much. After they pricked him, he watched the woman collect his blood in a tiny tube and he said,"I like that!" Weird.

Anyway, I got an ECG test, and a Pap smear. It was my first time to get a pap smear and good thing nothing traumatizing happened so I suppose this is going to be a yearly thing for me now.

We finished up around 1130 which is perfect for lunch. We ate at Kenny's. Yum! Then we spent the rest of the afternoon playing (we stayed at a play place so I could breastfeed Enzo, which I did) and going around the mall until it was time for us to meet up with Ruther. Unfortunately, the car was acting up again and so we had to take a taxi from Festival Mall to Ruther's office which was not too far. It would have been okay if the driver didn't ask for P120!! The fare could have only cost P70 but the jerk didn't have his meter on. If I wasn't so concerned about the boys and our situation, I would have quarreled him and given him hell. But I just wanted to get home as soon as we could.

We left the office and tried to get home slowly but surely but halfway there, the car just suddenly slowed down then stopped. No matter how hard Ruther pressed on the accelerator, the car remained still. So, Ruther had to call the mechanics and fortunately, they agreed to look at the car. Fifteen minutes later they arrived and then after a quick look, decided they could not remedy the problem that night. They had to leave to get another vehicle so they could tow the car. We had to wait again and 30 minutes later, we were on our way. They were kind enough to bring us home first before towing the car to their place. We got home at around 9pm and I was so tired. But I didn't mind. I told Ruther, just as long as we were home safe and sound, it was okay with me.

So it was a long day. Hopefully the car would be fixed soon. Ruther already spent like P20,000 on repairs and it's not doing good for our budget. Already, funds are low with a recent cellphone purchase and paying of the credit card. Sigh.

Hopefully, everything will still be okay...

1 comment:

Becky said...

Your post reminds me that I need to get my boys in for their yearly physicals and perhaps also dentist checkups.

Hope nothing too terribly expensive is wrong with the car.