Tuesday, December 19, 2006

AT THE PLAYGROUND

This morning, I decided to bring the boys to the nearby playground. I think we are lucky to be staying at Tokaichiba. Not only is the place quiet, it is also safe, the supermarket/grocery is just a short walk away and yes, the playground is just around 30 meters away from home.

Anyway, I thought it was time to let the kids run around and let lose some energy. So I bundled them up and I brought the camera, some snacks and drinks. There were no other kids at the playground and it was okay. I suppose, with the language barrier, it would have been somewhat uncomfortable without someone with me to translate. So, I took some photos of the boys as they took turns sliding, swinging and checking out the plants around the place. I sat on a nearby bench and ate my breakfast: a danish and coffee. When I checked the weather in the 'net before we left home, it said it was going to be a sunny day. Well, they were wrong. It was cloudy and it was COLD. Since I removed my gloves when I took pictures, my fingers were numb after a few minutes. I am not kidding. They were N-U-M-B. I hurriedly put on my gloves and tried to warm them as much as I could. No good. After a few minutes, I decided it was too cold so I told the boys we were heading home. They didn't put up a fuss. I guess they realized it was not too fun to go down a chilled slide. So, we went back home and I was happy to be warm again. The morning was not a total waste. We took some nice photos and the boys had some fun playing. And that's what matters most, right? =D

No comments: