Wednesday, December 27, 2006

NO MORE CHRISTMAS

On our way home from Disney Sea last Monday, we had dinner at KFC at Yokohama. We decided to eat at KFC because we did not want to leave Disney Sea so late because of 1) the traffic (we took the bus from Yokohama to theDisney Resort), 2) the unexpected rain that night, and 3) the limited dining places at the resort. We wanted to eat at a place where the boys could dine heartily so KFC was the quick decision.

After filling ourselves with yummy KFC chicken, corn kernels, biscuits and french fries, we headed for the station which was around 3-4 blocks away. Upon reaching the department store where we enter to get to the train station, I noticed some people removing the Christmas decors around the building. That somehow depressed me a bit. I mean, Christmas was not yet over but there they were, taking down the decors. I suppose that's how things work here in Japan, but in the Philippines, where Christmas is celebrated until January 6 (the Feast of the 3 Kings), I guess there is stil much gaiety in the air, there is still reveling and celebration even if December 25 is over. But that night, looking at all the beautiful decorations on the floor, rained on and lackluster, I quickly realized that in Japan, Christmas has come to a close. In Japan, yes, but definitely not in my heart. =)

No comments: