Thursday, December 21, 2006

PROJECT RUNWAY SEASON 3

I watched the Season Finale of Project Runway last night. I was not very happy with the winner, Jeffrey Sebelia because of several reasons, to wit: 1.) Well, he was overbugetted in the first place. I mean, when people tell you you have a $8,000 budget you stick to it! As Tim Gunn (my fave person on Project Runway) said, "Rules are rules, people!" 2.) I didn't think his clothes were for the everyday woman. I mean, who would want to go out everyday looking like a punk/rocker chick? It's just not practical at all. 3.) he can be mean and I just don't like mean people to get rewards.

Anyway, I thought Uli (Ulrike Herzner a German living in Miami) deserved the big win. Not only were her clothes wonderfully made, they were fresh and airy and could clothe either a 20 or 40 year old. I especially loved the bikini with the cover-up, the tan shirt dress, the silver top and tan skirt, and the cute silver safari dress. I really like her choice of fabrics because, well, living in a tropical country you can't very well dress yourself up in layers. And she is such an expert in pattern picking. She is absolutely talented. And I so wanted her to WIN! arrgh! I'm so sorry, Uli. But I'm sure she's already big in the fashion industry. I heard that since she joined Project Runway her clothes have been flying off the racks in Miami. Good for you, Uli! =D


Anyway, I also thought Laura's (Laura Bennett) collection was spectacular! I loved her fabulous clothes. Makes me want to dress up and just feel like a princess. And the judges were right in saying that the clothes looked like a-$30,000 budget collection. My favorites are the pantsuit with the lacy top and the short black dress with the feathers. Really really gorgeous clothes... Also, I think she is a great mom! Imagine having 5 boys and pregnant with her sixth!! And still looking chic and elegant. Super mom indeed! Wish I could be like her...


I didn't quite understand Michael's collection but watching him all season, I think he's very talented. I'm not worried about him. I know he'll shine still. Look at Daniel Vosovic. =D


Can't wait for Season 4!!!

1 comment:

Rachel Ann said...

Yette

My favorite show!! I was so disappointed when Jeffrey won, especially after all his catty remarks all season. I was originally rooting for Michael, and then he showed up at the show with this random collection. That just showed his inexperience with shows and like you said he will make something of himself as he is sooo talented. That left me with Uli and Laura...I would have gone with Uli....I'm not sure I really liked Laura.

Anxiously awaiting the 4th season, which usually starts in January here but they've been changing everything!!!