Friday, December 22, 2006

A RAINY DAY AND UMBRELLAS

It's another rainy day today. Oh, just a bit of a shower a few hours ago but the sky has remained dark and foreboding. It's pretty cold too and I had to urge the boys to wear their sweaters. Of course, Ethan made a bit of a fuss but I don't want them to catch a cold or get sick. Thankfully tomorrow will be a sunny day, according to the weather forecast. Well, I hope it warms up for even a teeny bit. I think we're going out tomorrow and go around Yokohama once more.

.....

I love the rain. In school, some of my classmates complained about the rain, the mud, the soiling of their clothes, etc. Me, I don't mind that at all. I just love the rain. I like the way they make everything look and smell clean again. I like the way they freshen the plants in the garden, I like the little droplets they make on the grass, and I love how it varies from a drizzle that tickles your face to a torrent that makes you think you're having an acupuncture session all over your exposed flesh. I remember when I was little, my mom would let me and my siblings play in the rain. We enjoyed it so much we ran around the garden in our birthday suits! hahaha!! But it was so much fun! Wish I could do that again with the boys (NOT in my birthday suit!!!). But with acid rain and such, I suppose a sprinkler will have to do these days.

.....

Speaking of rain, I really love those transparent umbrellas that are sold here in Japan. Although Ruther tells me that they are the disposable ones, I still love to have some. Ruther got me 2 of those before when he went home to Manila and Nikki claimed one as his so I'm down with one. =D Anyway, I already bought some for me and my mom to bring home. She loves those too. We don't have transparent umbrellas in the Philippines. When I watched Sex and the City and saw Charlotte with her transparent umbrella, I wanted to have one immediately. When Ruther told me there were some sold here (although not as nice as Charlotte's), I knew I had to bring home several. They just look so cute! Well, hopefully, bringing home 10 umbrellas would be enough. You think?

No comments: