Wednesday, February 21, 2007

ASH WEDNESDAY

Today is Ash Wednesday, so Lent officially begins. Ruther called me this afternoon and told me that there was going to be a 730pm mass at the Sacred Heart Cathedral. I decided to go because, well, Ash Wednesday is a big deal. For one, I would never be able to forgive myself if I missed this mass ( I already missed several Sunday masses! My bad.). Two, my mom will check on me (probably tomorrow) if I heard mass and I have such a great difficulty lying to her. And three, I want to set a good example to the boys and make them more exposed to these things.

So, we got ready at 5 and at 525pm we headed for the train station. We rode the 545 but that only reached Higashi-kanagawa station. So, we had to get another train that would bring us to Sakuragicho. We got there are 625 and waited for Ruther. He arrived with Kenneth and Twinkle at 645 and we rode the train to Ishikawacho which was only 2 stations away. We were early at church and it was nice to just sit there and just clear my head of disturbing thoughts. It was a pleasant feeling to be with other people (almost all strangers), to be reunited because of this lenten celebration. Two more of Ruther's officemates joined us after a few minutes, Ellis and Thyra. The mass started promptly at 730 and we were done by 845. We decided to eat at a nearby Japanese restaurant because we were all so hungry. So, we all headed for Ootoya. Since we could not eat meat today, we chose fish dishes and it was yummy. Nikki and Ethan unfortunately, were not in the mood to eat.

After dinner we all headed for home and it was nice going home with Ruther from work. I know I will miss all our trips, gimiks and dates together so I suppose I'll just have to relive them all through the many photos we took here.

Good thing about Lent? I won't have to pretend to be sorrowful. =(

No comments: