Saturday, March 17, 2007

BACK IN ZAMBOANGA

We're here! We arrived at Zamboanga Terminal at around 720 in the morning. It was raining so I missed the sunrise. Too bad... Anyway, it was absolutely terrible at Manila Domestic Terminal. When we arrived there, the line OUTSIDE the building was sooo long. Turns out that everybody had to show their tickets and IDs as well. But it was soooo slow (only 2 guards were checking) that we barely made it to the check-in counter. It was sooo irritating that no priority at all was given to people with kids, the elderly or people with disabilities. I want to complain about this to someone. Hmmm. I'll check the hotline or textline. It was such a horrible experience. By the time we got to the check-in counter, the sign posted there said "closed" (but we were there at 5am, an hour before our departure). I nearly freaked but someone assisted me. Then, when we were going to board, I found out that we were seated at the back of the plane! We were assigned to the last seats!!! Sigh. Terrible. Note to self: Never fly on a weekend if possible. This was so much worse than flying during Christmas vacation. I hope this won't happen to me and the boys again...

.....

My mom and dad were really happy to see the boys again. They have been bonding with them the whole morning and I think, are planning all sorts of activities for them. I am glad that we came home. It's nice to see Mommy and Daddy so happy.

I also noticed that every year we come home, Mommy and Daddy are growing older and older. It affects me somewhat because my parents are always such fun-loving, lively people. I hate to see them getting on in their years because well, I would want them to be with me and my siblings for as long as possible. I know I'm thinking weird thoughts again (Ruther believes I think a lot which is not so good) but well, I just got affected about the idea of death. I am just glad that we get to see them so often and that I have the luxury of doing that. I love them so much!

.....

I barely had enough sleep from last night. I think I slept around 1am and had to get up at 3. So when we arrived here in Zamboanga, I just ate a quick breakfast and then slept until 1230. Even the boys slept along with me. They were good boys during the plane ride. I'm so proud of them. =D

No comments: