Sunday, March 25, 2007

BIRTHDAY DINNER

Tonight, we had a birthday dinner for my mom. She is turning 46 on March 29. Even though we had dinner out tonight in celebration, I'm still planning to get her a cake and some flowers on her birthday.

We had the dinner at a family restaurant about 10 minutes away from our home. Since there was a playground for the kids there, the boys had fun too. My cousins, Ritche, Rizza, Hannah and Seldon were invited as well. The food we ate were yummy: sinangag (garlic rice), buttered chicken, lengua estofado, inihaw na isda (roasted fish), fried chicken skin, chopsuey, and buntot. My cousins gave mommy a cake so I took a picture of her with it and she blew the single candle. The chocolate cake was yummy too and even Ethan agreed with me. =D

It was not a great big celebration but at least we were together for her birthday. Since my siblings and I studied college in Manila, we hardly had the time to come back to Zamboanga in March to celebrate my mom's birthday. We usually came home in April when it's summer and school was officially over. So, it's a good thing I'm not working and the boys are homeschooled because we have all the time now to celebrate special family occasions.

Happy Birthday Mommy! I love you!

No comments: