Friday, March 23, 2007

EVENTFUL NIGHT

It rained so hard last night. It was around 1230am and I was trying to go sleep with the rain gently pattering outside. I closed my eyes and in a few minutes, the gentle rain became a torrent. The sound was so loud it made me think of a waterfall. I suddenly smelled the familiar scent of wet grass and the clean air. And then, I heard this strange buzzing sound and I opened my eyes. The lights (inside and outside of the house) started to flicker. It was so weird. I heard my mom and dad go out of their room and I also went out to check. Turns out there was some problem with an electrical wiring near the garage and since it was too dark to fix it, my dad said he was going to turn off the main switch (the risk of fire was great). So, it was brownout in our home. Good thing it was not hot or the boys would have been very uncomfortable (and I would have been fanning them all night). I was able to sleep almost immediately after that and when I woke up, I was happy to see the fan doing its job. =D

No comments: