Saturday, March 24, 2007

SUNNY SATURDAY

I surprisingly woke up earlier than usual this morning. Lately, I have been waking at around 930 but this morning, I was up at 8am. I don't know why I'm awake now (when in fact, I'm still yawning and feeling a bit sleepy). But it's all right I guess. The morning is beautiful. The birds are chirping in the nearby tree, I could still hear a few roosters crowing over the south wall, the sun lazily peeks through the tree outside our window and the boys are still so fast asleep. Really nice morning. Okay, where's my coffee?

.....

I have been considering getting a part-time job this summer. I was thinking of teaching at my high school but I still have to do some inquiries. I'll try to call the school on Monday...

I like teaching. It really gives me a lot of satisfaction when I see the boys enjoy learning so much. Hopefully, my patience and dedication will be a plus should I be accepted for a teaching position this summer. =P We'll see. Of course, my main problem will be a babysitter for the boys. I'm not so sure my mom (or dad) will be a willing volunteer. Hehe...

.....

We are having water rationing these days. My mom said that it has been rainless for the past months so here in Zamboanga, there are times when no water comes out of faucets because the local government is trying to promote water conservation. So here in our bathrooms, we have these huge covered containers for water. We have 1 in my mom's room, 1 in another bathroom, 1 in the kitchen and 1 in the bathroom that my sis and I share.

I don't mind the water rationing. I find it reasonable these days. I just wish some people in Manila are just as conscious with their water usage. Sure, I love the occasional shower and at times, the soak in the tub, but I do know not to waste water. Here in Zamboanga, after the boys swim in their pool, we just don't throw the water away. We use it to water the plants, wash the car or bathe the dogs. In some areas in Manila where water is hard to come by, some people store their bath water (they stand in a huge basin and keep the sudsy water for other uses). After bathing, they use the water to wash rags and mops, flush toilets or scrub the garage floor (garages in the Philippines are mostly open). I have even been to rural communities where people do not have faucets and toilets in their homes because they get water from wells so, they have no plumbing. So I really understand the need to save water. Especially when I read about the news on environment issues like pollution, dwindling water supply and such. I guess everyone has to do their part.

No comments: