Thursday, March 29, 2007

HAPPY BIRTHDAY MOMMY!

Today is my mom's birthday. She is now 56 years old. How time flies. I could still remember her teaching me and my sis lessons and providing us with lots of books to read. She really is the reason for my love of reading. I could read anything: books, magazines, encyclopedias, newspapers, etc. We have quite a collection of books in our library here at home and our books in Manila have been growing every year as well. I want to inspire Nikki and Ethan to read just the way my mom inspired me. I think I also got my love for arts and crafts from her although my mom is really more into baking and cross-stitching while I like decorative crafts more. My mom was also a very strict teacher. When we were little, she would scold us and correct us if we spoke English improperly or mixed up our sentences with Tagalog words. Yes, very strict. She also enrolled me and my siblings in piano classes (which my brother hated), voice lessons, golf lessons, swimming lessons, art/painting classes and karate (for my brother). She said that she wanted us to be holistic in our learning. =D I think the one thing I really love about my mom is her devotion to family. She was always ready with our needs, always ready to listen, always ready to motivate us, to spur us on, to discover our true selves, to follow our dreams. Yes, I could say that I am who I am because of the love and guidance of my parents. And for that, I think I have the best parents ever.

Happy birthday Mommy! I love you so much!

No comments: