Tuesday, March 27, 2007

MORE THOUGHTS

I hope the renovations in Manila finish in the next few months. It will be hard going back to a messy house again. I also hope that the house gets done nicely. Sometimes, Mama and Papa can change their minds quite easily. The house might end up looking nothing like the blueprints. So far, when we were still in Manila, the workers seem to be doing a quick job. I'm not sure if it is a GOOD job, but it looked okay to me. (But what do I know about construction?)

.....

I have yet to meet my high school classmates. Everybody seems to be busy or our schedules aren't jiving. We were supposed to meet last Sunday but we had mommy's birthday dinner then and they wanted to meet in the evening. So I could not make it. This Sunday is my mom's uncle's 85th birthday celebration and we will be going to the beach for the celebration. Just a bit of reunion and lots of eating. =D So, hopefully, my friends and I could meet up on Saturday. If not, I suppose it'll be the following weekend again.

.....

I think the clothes I brought home to Zamboanga are not enough. I am already running out of clothes to wear. Someone comes to the house to wash and iron the clothes (we usually call them labanderas and they don't use washing machines because they say the machines don't wash the clothes properly or rid them of dirt) but I suppose she comes like twice a week only so I pretty much run out of clothes when it's time to go to town or church or the mall. I suppose I'll have to get probably 2 more blouses next week and maybe a pair of pants as well. Hmm... Have to budget that...

.....

It's funny but summer here in Zamboanga doesn't feel like summer at all. I suppose it's the rains we have been having. I suppose in Manila, it's sweltering now. We usually hang out at the malls to cool off and eat halo-halo or some yummy cold snack. The malls here in Zamboanga aren't as large as the ones in Manila. They are just small buildings and so there is a limited number of stores/places one can go to. But it's okay. Home is home and sometimes, it's nice to just take things slow.

No comments: