Sunday, March 25, 2007

REALITY (WEIGHT) CHECK

When we were at the supermarket this morning, I was approached by a nice lady who asked if I wanted to have Nikki's height and weight checked. Since I was a bit concerned that he was on the thin side, I agreed and so she took his height and weight. I didn't know that she was going to get my measurements too! So I grudgingly stepped on the weighing scale (my ultimate nightmare!). I won't say how much I weighed but for me, it was a shocker (of course, my weight is ALWAYS a shocker so what else is new?). She also took my height and she gave Nikki's and my measurements to a nice doctor who was seated nearby. After doing the height-weight computations, she said that Nikki was perfectly healthy. I was relieved to hear that. I was worried that he was underweight but turns out he's okay. I, on the other hand, am overweight. Of course, I already knew that but hearing that come from a complete stranger made me realize that I have to lose the extra weight I gained when I was pregnant with Ethan. It was just like, well, a slap on the face. I mean, when my mom tells me to lose weight, I just go, "okay mom... will do..." but I'm not too serious about it. But after the talk with the doctor, I realized that I have to lose around 7 kg to get back to my ideal weight. SEVEN KG!! That's a lot! I know I have to start soon so tomorrow, my first step is to watch everything I eat. Hopefully, I will get to do more exercises with my cousins too and play more badminton in the next few weeks. Ooooooh! Just thinking about those 7 kg makes me so mad! I want to lose them pronto! If only shedding extra weight was sooo easy... Okay, I am giving myself 4 months. That's realistic, right?

1 comment:

Jenny said...

Good luck with the weight loss. I am still struggling to lose the weight I put on with Alex and he is 5 1/2 now! :) I enjoy my food too much ;D