Wednesday, August 22, 2007

MOUSE-CAPADES

I was not able to sleep early last night. In fact, I went to bed at around 3 in the morning. And all because of a pesky mouse. As you all know, the house is still undergoing renovations. So there are areas where it's still a bit messy and open and well, mice could just easily come into the lower rooms or the lower part of the house. I already placed a barrier on the doorway so that the mice won't dash into the room but last night, I saw one scampering about and it really freaked me out. The bed in the boys' room is on the floor (Japanese-style) and I really can't think about that mouse on the boys or me while we were sleeping. So I had to put some flypaper in the areas of the room and prayed that the mouse will get stuck on those at least. Come morning, sure enough, the mouse was stuck fast on the flypaper that was near the door. Can't say I was sorry for the little bugger. I just wanted it out.

.....

I really had a bad dream this morning when I woke up. It bothered me so much I decided to call Ruther. Good thing it was lunchtime and so I didn't have to worry about disturbing him at work. I told him that I just wanted to hear his voice to take away the anxiety I felt about the nightmare. He told me not to think about it anymore and said it wasn't true. I was relieved at his reassurance but I was more relieved that he didn't say "you're nuts" or something to that effect. I just love that guy...

.....

I was not able to do much studying today. And I feel that I have so much to finish. Sigh. Been feeling out of it these past days. But I still have 2 exams to finish before I go on to the next module. So I suppose I have to get on with it soon. Maybe tomorrow... Sigh...

No comments: