Wednesday, August 29, 2007

NO BIKE

So we didn't find a bike for the boys yet. The bicycles at the mall were disappointingly limited. Nikki tried one and it was a bit small for him because I noticed that his knees were kind of bent too much as he pedaled. That bike cost around P1200 (approximately US$26, which was okay with me). Unfortunately, the bike that was a little bigger than that was a whopping P2600 (US$56)!! That's P1400 difference! So I wasn't too keen on that because in a few months, the bike will be too small for them and I will have to purchase another one (most probably). So I decided to check some of the bike shops nearby and see if there are more affordable kid bikes. Hopefully, by next week the boys will be happily pedalling away in their new bike. The key word there is "hopefully".

.....

I watched the latest Monk episode yesterday. It wasn't as exciting but I still love Tony Shalhoub. He's a really great actor! =D

.....

Although there is reportedly no typhoon in the country right now, it has been raining for the past days. Just the soft rain though, more like a shower. It's actually pleasant because it cools the air wonderfully. I hope that there will be more days like this.

.....

Nikki and I watched the eclipse through the Discovery Channel livestream yesterday. He was so fascinated with it. Every once in a while he would ask me to check the moon's "status". We even watched some clips on why the moon turns red, the cause of the red color and how eclipses happen. He was so amazed. Ruther was also watching the eclipse the same way we did so we were basically watching it "together". It was fun watching the moon as a family (even if Ethan hardly understood what was happening).

No comments: