Friday, September 14, 2007

DRAGONFLY


I caught this dragonfly the other night. Ethan is so interested in bugs and I thought it would be nice to show him a real dragonfly. He was really delighted at the insect. When he saw me holding it, he grabbed his Insects book and looked for the photo of the dragonfly. He was so cute! Anyway, there was a piece of wood outside our window and I placed the dragonfly on it. It didn't fly away which pleased Ethan to no end and he would go to the window every so often just to take a quick peek at the insect. =D
I can't even recall the last time I caught a dragonfly. I think it probably was when I was in High School! So it's a good thing I was able to catch this little bugger. =D Of course, one quick photo before I let it go...

2 comments:

Amy said...

For a week or so this summer a dragonfly took up residence on a flowering vine I have growing on the porch. When I went out of the paper every morning he was there, just hanging out on a tendril as it waved in the breeze. If I see another one I'll have to post pictures for Ethan! :)

:P said...

that would be really great Amy! =D