Friday, September 14, 2007

FINALLY!

I am so psyched!


The carpenter I have been waiting for ages finally came today. No, it's not like he took his sweet time coming. It's just that there were some hiring problems with 2 previous carpenters so I was starting to get frustrated. Why shouldn't I when there is still a lot to be done in the room?

Anyway, I asked one of the workers to please help look for a reliable carpenter for me because I want to have the room fixed already! It's just taking too long and I want to be able to organize our room. So one of the workers suggested this guy who did some carpentry in a nearby house. I agreed. That was yesterday. And he finally came today!!

When I saw the carpenter I was a bit skeptical because he was older than I expected him to be. But it turns out, he really knows what he's doing. Right away he started cutting and drilling and hammering. I was amazed at how fast he was working. This was the result at the end of the day:


This going to be our book/DVD shelf. Ruther wants to keep his DVDs "within reach". =D














This is where the hanging cabinets are going to be. These might be done by tomorrow, I guess...






Not bad, right? I am actually really happy with the way he is working. I mean, for P400/day pay, Manong is really worth it. After he does the shelves and cabinets, he'll be doing the bedframe and then the access to the attic and then fix the doors/change the hinges. Ooooh! Can't wait to get everything done!!!

No comments: