Tuesday, September 25, 2007

SUNNY

After a particularly rainy night, today was disappointingly sunny. I know it's not good form to always wish for rains but it's just so warm! Well, maybe it was a lot warmer than expected because there was a blackout this morning but still, it would have been wonderful if it stayed cold so I would not have to fan the boys and keep them distracted from the heat. They were great though. Even without electricity, they did not bug me about lack of things to do. I think that's great especially when kids these days are so used to electricity. So after they had their bath, we read some books. Then I made some iced coffee (it was yummy!). After that, we went outside and blew bubbles while Ethan searched for bugs. After that, we played with their air hockey and Nikki is really learning to be a good loser. Before, he would protest or complain a lot but now, he takes it all in stride. I'm really proud of him. Ethan couldn't care any less if he wins or loses as long as he has fun. =D Anyway, we tried to do some other things and around 1030, Ethan started to be sleepy so I fanned him. Nikki just stayed on the bed with his battery-operated Pooh fan. A few minutes after that, the lights came on and well, now I'm doing this. I am kind of a bit sleepy still because despite sleeping late last night, I woke up early this morning when I felt the fan stop turning when the blackout happened (as I've said before, I'm a light sleeper). So I might take a little nap this afternoon to recharge. =D

No comments: