Friday, December 28, 2007

POST-CHRISTMAS THOUGHTS 2

To continue my previous post, Christmas Day was spent with relatives. We first went to Inang Luring which is just around 20 minutes away from where we live. She's Papa's mom and she's 92 years old. She lives with her 3 spinster daughters and is still quite strong despite her age. Anyway, as is tradition, we had lunch there and gave her presents and the boys got some monetary gifts as well. The only problem with Inang is that her hearing is weak. You would have to shout near her ear to be heard. But she could still recognize faces and still likes to take walks. Really, when I am her age, I would want to be as strong as she is. Here's a photo of us together:










At around 1pm, we departed and then went to Sucat, where Mama's relatives get together every Christmas Day. This, again, is their tradition. Relatives near and far congregate here every year to exchange presents and to spend some time together. Well, it was a lot of fun. The most memorable thing that happened was when I had to change the present I got for Ruther's godchild. I got her a Disney Princess doll (Princess Aurora) and when we saw her, it was like she grew overnight! She was no longer a child! I told Ruther we had better give her money instead. I felt so foolish picking that present for her, but I'm still glad that everything turned out well in the end. The boys got a LOT of presents (see December 25 photo) and Ruther and I had a lot of fun with his cousins. Here's our photo:


See Ruther's shirt? I got him that for Christmas. I think it looks nice on him. =D
Anyway, we got home all tired and sleepy but all in all, it was a great day for everyone. =D

1 comment:

Becky said...

Awww, that's so great that your grandmother is so strong at that age.

Great photos, and the bottom one is especially fun.

Hope you and yours have a wonderful remaining Christmas celebration and a Happy New Year as well!