Saturday, December 29, 2007

WEIRD WEATHER

It is so unbelieveably HOT today!! I'm saying "is" rather than "was" even if it's already 9pm (current time) because it's still so HOT!! It's so weird because it's December for goodness' sake! It's supposed to be all cool and nice and not sweltering like this! This is really exasperating! Of course, we could always cool off by turning on the aircon but it's still a lot different compared to the cool Decembers during previous years. This climate change is just so bad. I recently read in the paper that 2007 is the year that marks drastic (read: catastrophic) environmental changes. It also said that studies definitely point to man's fossil fuel burning as the main cause of global warming. This is really bad for future generations... It's really scaring me pretty badly. Why? Because I feel like I can only do so much to remedy something so big and beyond me.

Sigh. Why am I even thinking of these things? This hot weather is messing up my thoughts today...

.....

Ruther has just recovered from another bout of fever. You must think that he's such a sickly person because he frequetly gets sick but it's really this weird weather we're having. We'll get rains in the morning then terribly HOT afternoons. Or, the air will be so cool and nice at dawn but at 10am, it'll be sweltering. Who wouldn't get sick? A few days ago, Mama, Ron (my brother-in-law) and Ruther were sick. It was a good thing the boys did not catch whatever they had or I would have had my hands full. I'm just really thankful that Ruther is all better now. Hopefully, this will be his last sickness this year...

No comments: