Friday, January 25, 2008

HOUSE BLESSING

Before I continue with Day 3 of our Bohol trip (I know, it's just taking too damn long!), I just want to report that we are finally having the house blessed tomorrow! Yay! Isn't that great? Mama wanted the blessing to be done while Ruther was still here so that the family was complete. I actually think that's a great idea. Anyway, I have been cleaning like crazy and I have yet to clean our bedroom. I'm planning on locking the boys' room until tomorrow just to keep it spotless but I don't want to feel too much like a witch so maybe I'll let them in later (when I feel like it). I think many people will be coming because Mama is hiring a caterer to provide the food (yummy!) and her relatives alone are already many. Ron, my brother-in-law is inviting 25 friends, can you believe that? Ruther will only have a handful and none of my friends could make it. (Yeah, I know...) So we're all in a frenzy today with cleaning and dusting and sweeping and changing the bed linens. A lot of work to do later...

Anyway, Mama told the guests to come at 3pm. The actual blessing will be at 4pm so that when the priest comes, there will be people already present (aside from the immediate family of course). Knowing how it is here in the Philippines, when you say 3pm, they start arriving at 330 or 345. That's just how it is. But I'm not like that. I'm a punctual person. I usually arrive earlier or on time. (Does that mean, I'm not Filipino?=D )

Hopefully everything will go well tomorrow. I promise to post photos. And this time I'll post some of the room. I know I said I would before but the room has just been messy since Ruther arrived last November it's simply embarassing. But don't worry, Becky, I promise you'll get to see our room soon. =D

1 comment:

Becky said...

Yay! We finally get to see the room! ;)

Sounds like you all are going to have a houseful! Should be fun.

Yeah, we have a few non-punctual types in our lives, too. We've actually been known to tell them a time a full hour earlier just to get them here when we wanted them here (like on Christmas and Thanksgiving), lol.