Wednesday, February 20, 2008

THE BIRDS

A few weeks ago, the boys and I made a bird feeder project. I had to buy some birdseed at a nearby pet supply shop and even if I only bought P5 worth of birdseed, I still had more than was needed for the bird feeder. So, the other day, I decided to put some birdseed in our windowbox for the birds that come and visit the mango tree outside our window. I saw these really nice brown ones (not the mayas) that had a somewhat long tail and really pointy beaks. They frequent the mango tree a lot and when I am typing away on the laptop, I sometimes spot them outside the window. One time, I even saw a bird with a fat caterpillar on its beak. It was really big that I could tell it was yellowgreen in color. (Yucky, I know.) Anyway, a few weeks ago, I noticed about 3 birds frequenting the mango tree. After I started sprinkling bird seed in our window box, we now have lots of birds. This morning when I woke up early to ring Ruther to make him for work, I could hear them twittering away outside. It was actually nice to hear the sounds of nature first thing in the morning. It's also so much fun to watch them. When I spot a bird, I try to be as still as possible and I could see their little heads tilt left and right and then slowly, they would inch their way towards the windowbox for some seeds. Funnily though, they won't go near the bird feeders. I think I put them in the wrong place in the tree because they are so well hidden. I think I'll move those bird feeders to a more obvious location. Anyway, am looking forward to seeing more birds outside my window. I just love the company. I could almost be like Cinderella singing with all her animal friends.

I said almost.

No comments: