Thursday, February 21, 2008

COLD DAY

It's very cold today. It's still overcast and when we went out this morning, it was drizzling. Now, it's just grey skies and a cool breeze. We usually sleep with a blanket now, not because the boys like it by the way, but because I don't want them to get sick. I kinda miss Ruther. It is always nice to cuddle, or to have some coffee together during cold weather like this. In Japan, he would take us to a ramen place for some hot steamy noodles and soup. Me, I always burn my tongue so I need to wait a few minutes for my soup to cool but it still warms me up so wonderfully when I finally get a sip of its rich broth. I kinda miss that. Ruther on the other hand would slurp his noodle and soup expertly. I still need some help with the chopsticks but I'm getting there. Sometimes too, when my hands are cold Ruther would go to a vending machine and buy me coffee. He usually gets the UCC cafe au lait one for me, if I'm not mistaken.

It's been a gloomy day. Can't help but feel a bit sad and lonely. Now where's my jacket and hot chocolate?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I always burn my tongue on my soup too. I always try it when I KNOW it's going to be too hot, burn my tongue, wait 5 seconds, and try it again. Because surely it will have cooled off substantially in 5 seconds, right? :)

I can't imagine eating ramen with chopsticks. I need a fork *and* a spoon. Good for you for trying, and for even almost succeeding! :)